Wednesday 2 March 2016

New Younique Liquid Eyeliner

Good afternoon, and welcome to my blog!!! Today I am going to write my own quick little review of the brand new product from Younique - the Moodstruck Precision Liquid Eyeliner!

Firstly, it arrives in it's little black box! I do love the packaging from Younique, so elegant!!!  The liner itself seems to be in a plastic container - much like a pen! It matches all the other make up so well, I mean, who doesn't want co-ordinating make up!!!!

Lovely packaging!
OK, here is the exciting part! The opening!! Firstly, I had to figure out which end opened up! It's such a good fit, smooth etc - just thought it was worth mentioning.... and my first impression when I removed the lid was how thin the 'brush' or 'nib' was (I'm not sure what I'd call it - a cross between and brush and nib!). Very fine and much like a felt-tip pen. If you are a crafter, then I'd liken it to a ProMarker nib!
I've photographed next to a cotton bud, to give you an indication of the size of the nib!

Application!
This was fairly easy. I applied in little 'brush strokes'. If you have a steady hand, then go for a full length line, but me personally?? no, I have shaking hands (and twitchy eyelines!!!) so I took my time.
I started applying a line close to my eye lashes in small little strokes.
I followed the line of my lash (as it, the direction it would go if it were longer) and kept going.
I then gently sketched an outline to widen and extend the line. 
I then filled in the gap and joined to the extended 'lash', ensuring it ended in a point.

All of this would not have been possible without my trusty little 7x magnification mirror!


I can't wait to try this again, but this time with the eye primer and some eye shadow on......!

Here's my eye, no foundation, literally just the eyeliner, I was  too impatient to try it!



Last minute thoughts!
The liquid liner dried out a little by the time I'd finished, I assume as it was it's first use. I suggest standing the liner on it's head (lid on and down) to let the 'ink' wet the nib. Thereafter, lay flat. DO NOT store with the lid up - I do not know if this would be an issue, but with my crafting experience with alcohol marker pens, this is a big no-no - as you dry out the nib and it can be ruined.
I left mine in this position for a couple of hours and the nib is nice and juicy and drew a beautiful line on my hand!
Remember, skin around the eye contains a lot more oil than the rest of the face. It's a natural secretion of sebum that our skin needs not to dry out and the eye area needs more of this oily/waxy substance, to ensure the eyeball doesn't dry out! So applying directly to the eye without a base, like a primer and/or eyeshadow can cause the liner to not 'stick' so well!  (this is main purpose of a primer)! It won't clog your skin, plus you do wash it off at night (and this is reason you MUST wash make up off!!!! Your skin needs to breathe and produce the natural oil, which is best done overnight whilst sleeping).

I'd love to hear your feedback, questions, etc - please comment below!

And remember!!!!! We all like to wear our make up to feel good about ourselves, but don't forget that we are all beautiful!! Wear your make up for YOU! Not to please anyone else. YOUnique - it's all about YOU!!

Maxine  :-)  <3




No comments:

Post a Comment