Wednesday 16 March 2016

How to Find Your Face Shape

Many times in beauty, we are asked "What's your face shape?" and although it should seem simple enough to answer, I've always felt it not to necessarily be so. There are lots of shapes and extra factors to be taken into account.

So I thought I'd write today about my findings into researching the best ways to determine ones face shape! So here are the basic face shapes. Some are fairly similar:



I searched and searched for an app on my phone, as I felt this would be easy - take a photo, it calculates your shape, and voila! But no, I could not find one! All I found were apps to make you look prettier, or, even worse, apps that determine if you are pretty or ugly (how awful!!!) There may be an app called "FaceShape" but I cannot locate it on my phone (I use an Android phone), perhaps if you have an iPhone you can find it (it's a paid for app) - please comment below if you do!!!

Next I looked on my computer to find any websites and there are lots that talk about the various shapes. But I want to know how I can determine MY shape, not the shape of all the beautiful celebrity faces, which just make me feel slightly inadequate in comparison!

I found a little quiz - I used a piece of string and measured it along a ruler:
http://face-shape.com/face-shape-quiz.html

I like this Wiki page, but I'm not keen on drawing on my mirror! But I think you could apply the same principle using an app on your phone that has a draw facility:
http://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Face-Shape

Then and Now - The Change with Age!


And me today! March 2015.
I look so young!! Around about 1995.
Face shapes also change, I don't mean they suddenly go from a square to a round, but what I mean is, and certainly in my case, as we age, our faces change. In my case, looking at a photo from about 20 years ago, I'd say my face was oval in this photo. Now, my face is rounder in shape, as I've put on weight (and, of course, 20 years older!!) Others may loose weight, and our faces also loose that softness that youth blessed us with, and we can become more angular.

So, we've found our face shape! This is all good and well, you may be thinking, so what of it? Well, this is where we can work on what best suits your face shape, to best flatter you, and this will be why certain hair styles do not work on you, . We can also use make up to best flatter the shape, blending, contouring, where we add blusher, etc. I will write about that another day, discussing each face shape.

This is a great little tip page that shows the basic idea of best hair and make up for face shapes:
http://www.coolblades.co.uk/hub/face-shape/

I hope you found this useful and I look forward to any comments or questions you may have. I will start with my face, but would also love to share any photos of yours, if you are willing. Please contact me if you'd like to take part in my blog! A

No comments:

Post a Comment